Crockpot Salisbury steak made  On-cor Style

Crockpot Salisbury steak made  On-cor Style

It took a while to find the recipe and to make it in the On-cor frozen Salisbury steak style.
Oncor makes the most delicious Salisbury steaks. I never like to buy just the dinner of Salisbury steak, I like to buy the medium sized package with 6 Salisbury steaks in it but that can get expensive.
Yesterday I took the time to read all the ingredients on the  Oncor Salisbury steak dinners. It took a while but I finally found a recipe that  matched the ingredients on the On-cor dinner package minus the additives they added nothing to a fresh meal.
I made a few substitutions on the recipe so the ingredients were closer to what was on the package.
Tonight when it's ready I will have the Salisbury steaks with the gravy loaded with the mushrooms onions, and peppers
I will serve it with mashed potatoes  and green beans.
I will substitute real mashed potatoes for Idahoan instant potatoes in a cup.
It's not that I don't like real potatoes the fact is with the medication I'm taking I can't eat real potatoes but fined this brand and these instant potatoes I can eat.
Below is the recipe I came up with with.

Crockpot Salisbury steak made  On-cor Style

INGREDIENTS:

GRAVY
6 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 onion , sliced
1  cup beef broth ( if you don't have beef broth then use  beef bullion)
1 oz dry onion soup mix
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon dijon
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons corn starch
4 tablespoons water

***Don't skip the addition of a ketchup in Dijon mustard it really makes the gravy delicious!

BEEF PATTIES:
3/4lb lean ground beef
1/2  egg beef Boulton
2 tablespoons  minced onion I use onion flakes)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teas garic powder
5 1/2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs.
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1 small  clove garlic
salt & pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place mushrooms & onions in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Combine beef patty ingredients and form 6 patties.
Brown over medium high heat (about 3 minutes per side).
Layer beef patties over mushrooms onions and peppers
On the stove make your gravy with the cornstarch and water
Before adding the cornstarch and water make a slurry.
A slurry is simply putting the cornstarch and water and mixing it up till it's smooth
  Pour over beef and cook on low 5 1/2  hours.
Once cooked, remove patties and set aside.
then pour enough of the  gravy  to coat all of the Salisbury steak.
Serve over mashed potatoes or rice. With a side vegetable of your choice

Comments

Post a Comment