Bisquick White Irish Soda Bread (Hint: Let the Fairies Out of the Loaf!)

Bisquick White  Irish Soda Bread (Hint: Let the Fairies Out of the Loaf!) 


I went to a large grocery store and expected to find white soda bread. Nope the demand is not high enough so it was left of up to me to me to make it for myself.
I looked and looked and finally found a recipe that was made with Bisquick and finally found it.
Here is the recipe:


Bisquick White  Irish Soda Bread (Hint: Let the Fairies Out of the Loaf!) 

Heat oven to 375ยบ.
. Bake 20 to 25 minutes

Ingredients:

2 cups Original Bisquick® mix

2  tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon caraway seed or sun flower seeds
2/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted, if desired

Instructions:.

1.  Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients
 Adding the milk slowly just until dry ingredients are moistened. 
3. Place dough on surface that is sprinkled with Bisquick 
4. roll the dough in Bisquick mix to coat. 
5. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.  6. Pat dough into 6-inch round on cookie sheet. 
7. Brush with butter.
8. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and bottom sounds hollow when tapped. 
9. Remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or cool.
I did not have caraway seeds but I did have sunflower seeds.
I got to thinking I will pay for  a loaf of sunflower seed bread at the bakery so why not put it in this bread?
I did and the bread turned out awesome!
So all my survival cooks this bread is so worth making. I can not stop eating it!


Enjoy and remember the fairies will get upset if you don't let them out of the bread!

Comments